Taco dip recipe is one super delicious, a creamy meal you could ever think of. Taco dip recipe packed with lots of sweet classic cream cheese and sour cream base and seasoned with your taco seasoning and topped with all your favorite taco toppings you could ever think of.
Isn’t that interesting? When you look at taco dip recipe you might think it’s difficult to make but the good news is that taco dip is quite very simple to make with just a few ingredients needed. Taco dip is versatile and everyone loves it cause it’s something you can’t just resist at sight.
I make my taco dip with juicy Roma tomatoes, Mexican cheese, hot jalapenos, crisp shredded lettuce is what I usually use but you can add more ingredients of your choice.
Besides taco dip being delicious it is very attractive and mouth-watering at sight, why not try this wonderful taco dip at home instead of buying from a store. It won’t take more of your time and you can add up any toppings you want to.
preparation time: 10mins
Total time: 10mins
Yield: 25 servings
Ingredients For Taco Dip
- 2cups of sour cream
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- corn chips, for serving
- 11/4 cup of cheddar or Mexican cheese, finely shredded
- jalapenos. sliced
- 1 cup of lettuce, finely chopped
- 16 oz brick-style cream cheese1/2 cup sliced olives
After getting the ingredients needed for taco deep let us look at the step to step on how to prepare this delicious taco dip that everyone will love.
Read also: Fried Cabbage: Easy And Delicious
Method of preparation
Step 1: In a large bowl add your softened cream cheese together with your sour cream and stir together until it is well combined.
Step 2: Add your taco seasoning and stir well to combine
Step 3: Spread your mixture evenly into a 9-10” pie dish.
Step 4: Add your shredded lettuce, jalapenos, olives, chopped tomatoes on top of your mixture, then sprinkle with your shredded cheese.
Step 5: Taco dip is ready and can be served immediately, or stored in a fridge until ready to be served.
Sour cream or mayonnaise is used for thickening taco dip, but you can use plain Greek yogurt to thicken your dip as it makes it more healthy than mayonnaise or sour cream but it is not every creamy dip blends well with Greek yogurt so mayonnaise and sour cream are still preferred.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Can Taco Dip Be Served In The Fridge?
Your taco dip can stay in the fridge for 3-4 days. But before putting it in your fridge make sure your taco dip doesn’t sit outside on the counter for more than 2 hours. To be on a server-side put inside the fridge immediately after preparation.
How To Know If Your Taco Dip Is Spoilt
If you experience an off odor or flavor in your taco dip that shows that it should be discarded and also if you see mold on your taco dip please discard it immediately.
Read also: Gluten-Free Breakfast: 5 Easy Ideas
Why You Should Eat Taco Dip
Taco dip contains some nutrients that can bring some beneficial effects to your body. Those benefits include:
- Do you know that taco dip strengthens bones? The cheese that you find in your taco dip provides you with some amounts of calcium. As you all know that calcium is important for giving you a healthy bone.
- Taco dip contains protein and antioxidants that will help you to maintain a healthy brain function. The protein in taco dip can help trigger the formation of brain cells and repair any damage to the nerve cell.
- Taco dip can help you relieve constipation because of the fiber found in the lettuce and other veggies used in your taco dip. Fiber helps soften your stool and makes it easier to pass the large intestine and get out of the body.
- Taco dip can also help you to maintain healthy vision cause it contains Vitamin A that acts as antioxidant.
- Not only that you get calories from consuming taco dip but also you get some amounts of iron from it. Lack of iron can cause anemia and make your body feel weak.
- Lettuce in taco dip is a good source of vitamin C and vitamin C can help prevent scurvy. Adding more veggies to your taco dip won’t be a bad option.
- Calcium isn’t only for bones, calcium play important role in the development of teeth and helps maintain healthy teeth, and prevents teeth from tooth decay.
- Protein isn’t only to maintain a healthy brain function, it is also a building block of the body in almost all organs and tissues. It helps repair the damage that occurs in the body.
- The amount of calories in your taco dip is enough to undergo your daily activities. It provides energy.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving
fats– 4.9 grams
Read also: Seven Layer Salad: Best Seven Layer Salad
Taco dip is not just easy and fast to make but it is so delicious mixed with a low cab but still nutritious and mouthwatering. You can get so many nutritional benefits from consuming taco dip, remember that the health benefits of taco dip will you get if you consume healthier ingredients.
You should try making one at the comfort of your home in other to add more veggies for more nutrition instead of getting it at a store. Enjoy your easy taco dip, you can choose to make your taco dip with any other ingredients sustainable for you.