Mexican potatoes is an easy side dish for any protein. Mexican potatoes are very simple and easy to prepare and they taste so delicious and crispy.
Mexican potatoes are packed with garlic, chilli powder and parmesan cheese baked and not fried and they are very healthy and everyone loves it.
Why You Need This Recipe
- Potatoes are very affordable, and it makes it a perfect dish to make your budget go farther.
- Roasted potatoes go great with any protein especially chicken, tofu, or beef.
- They are gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan free.
Is There A Mexican Sauce To Go With These Mexican Potatoes
They is a perfect creamy, tangy sauce to drizzle over these potatoes. You could easily make it in just 5 minutes while the potatoes are still cooking.
How to Make This Mexican Potato Recipe
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup. You will need a 15 * 24 pan.
- Clean your potatoes and chop them into small cubes.
- Coat your potatoes with some olive oil.
- Make the Mexican seasoning and toss it with the potatoes to coat.
- Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes.
Read also: Sauteed Potatoes: Easy and Crispy
Tips to Make Your Mexican Potatoes Crispy Like a Pro
To make a crispy Mexican potatoes you just need few tips which are easy to follow and they are:
- The amount of oil used
- The oven temperature
- The baking time
For the 1.5kg of potatoes, I used 2 tablespoons of oil as well to make it a crispy. Also need a very hot oven. I recommend baking them for about 20 minutes to make it super crispy and perfect. For the final touch top everything with finely chopped coriander and served with your desired protein and veggies.
Substitutions For This Recipe
- Oil: You can use coconut oil or avocado oil but I love using olive oil.
- Potatoes: Any potato will work in this recipe, but I used Sebago potatoes for this recipe. You do not need to peel the potatoes for this recipe.
- Spices: You can use any combo of spices in this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Reheat Mexican Potatoes
The best way to reheat roasted potatoes are in the oven or in a toaster oven. Then reheat at 350 degrees until crispy and hot. You can also reheat with a microwave but you won’t get the crispy texture with it.
Can I make These Mexican Potatoes in An Air Fryer
Yes you can make it, but you may need to cut the recipe in half to make sure the potatoes fit into your air fryer basket. Bake the potatoes fits into your air fryer basket. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes, tossing once during the cooking process.
Can Taco Seasoning be Used In Place of the Spices?
Yes, you can use 1.5 tablespoons of taco seasoning in place of the spices in this recipe. You can as well make your own taco seasoning at home.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Serving: 6 servings
- 1 cup coon Mexican style shredded cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.5kg Sebago potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 20g butter
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2* Mutti Polpa finely chopped tomatoes 400g
Method of Preparation
Step 1: Firstly, preheat oven 180 degrees C. Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Then reduce heat to medium for it to simmer, partially covered, for 5 to 6 minutes or until it gets tender. Drain out the water.
Step 2: Heat your oil and your butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add in your garlic, potatoes, and chilli. Then allow to cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes begin to turn golden brown.
Step 3: Stir in potatoes, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Then spoon out your potato mixture into a 6-cup capacity, 5cm deep, 15cm * 24cm baking dish.
Step 4: Then sprinkle with cheese and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese gets golden and melted. Sprinkle with coriander and serve. Enjoy…
- As a side dish for some air fryer chicken wings.
- Making a big batch for meal prep and serving them with any protein.
- To serve with other one pan recipes, like some creamy pork chops or even oven baked chicken caprese.
- With eggs and our homemade country breakfast sausage for a hearty breakfast.
Saturated fat: 6g
Mexican potatoes are easy to make and loaded with lots of flavors. This recipe tastes superb and is also very healthy and filling. It can go with any protein or veggies of your choice. And it is a perfect side dish that everyone loves.