What are pioneer woman freezer meals? Are you getting ready to make make-ahead meals that are as cheap as they are easy?
There are inexpensive slow cookers, teriyaki ribs, and quick claw for tomorrow’s dinner at a mountain of ground beef and a family pack of cheese are the makings of besides meatballs that I’ll freeze to serve with rice in tacos or as an appetizer in the days ahead.
Pioneer Woman Freezer Meals
I’m making bargain barbecue chicken freeze an individual portion ready to pile onto baked potatoes with awesome fixes.
And finally, I’ve got jumbo bags and big hands for cheesy rigatoni pepper bank for tonight’s dinner. I am a huge fan of family packs. I’m gonna have some fun.
Read also: Puff Pastry 4 Ways Recipe
1. Slow Cooker Teriyaki Ribs
Dinner for tomorrow night is going to be slow cooker teriyaki ribs with a super simple sloth and it has three things going for it.
It’s make-ahead very economical and it couldn’t be easier to make I’m getting the ribs ready to put into the slow cooker.
Method of Preparation
- Now, these are incredibly flavorful ribs. I just chopped up some fresh ginger and I have a whole bunch of fresh. Garlic. I’m going to season the ribs.
- Such a cheap cut of meat and you can often find them in big family packs. The great thing about buying packages of ribs is the to can use what you need and then package up the rest for the freezer.
- So you don’t have to commit right away to using all of it. When you’re needing to feed a family ribs are definitely one of the best ways to go. I just seasoned it with salt.
- That’s all they need before they go into the slow cooker. I’m going to put all this garlic in I don’t even want to tell you how much garlic I chopped.
- The great thing about a slow cooker is everything cooks low and slow and so you really don’t have to get it chopped too fine. It’s going to cook and disappear in the eight hours that the ribs cook.
- Now I’m going to put the lid on the slow cooker and it goes on low and the ribs are going to cook for 8 hours.
- I’m going to serve the ribs with a really simple slot. So I’m going to go ahead and make it now because I think slaw gets better as it sits for several hours.
- I’m going to start with about 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and a quarter cup of Rice vinegar, it’s just approximate.
- I hardly ever measure ingredients when I make sloth. I like to give it a little bit of a sweet-sour flavor.
- So the sweet comes from honey, and I’ll Stir It Up Until It’s all nice and smooth sprinkle in some salt and pepper.
- I love dinners like this that you can make ahead of time you stash it away until it’s ready to serve. I’m happiest when I have dinner all ready to go.
- Now. This is a really thin dressing but that’s good because I don’t want the slaw to be gloopy.
- Now I am using a bag of prepared slaw mix sometimes you can get these on sale if they’re just about to expire going to add some thinly sliced red onion.
- The other reason I like to use bags law sometimes is that you don’t have to buy ahead of lettuce and carrots and the different things that you like to put in the slot.
- It’s nice to just have one bag. It’s all prepared for you. It’s ready to go. I also added a bunch of cilantro leaves. And all I need to do is just toss them.
- I think the called crispy texture of slaw is so perfect with ribs, ribs are just so needy and messy. It’s nice to have the counterbalance with the sloth, you know over the years.
- I kind of learned the art of buying in bulk buying family pack Meats. This law is now ready the ribs are cooking away.
- So let me tell you how I’m going to turn all of this into dinner first the ribs when they’re all cooked.
- I’ll put them on a baking sheet straighten the cooking juices through a strainer right into a pot add half a cup of honey half a cup of Sodium soy sauce the same amount of rice vinegar and bring it to a boil.
- Then I’ll add a slurry made from 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water.
- This will thicken the sauce. The next step is to cut up the ribs and put them into a 9×13-inch dish over the sauce.
- And then when they’re cool, I’ll cover them with foil and put them in the fridge tomorrow at dinner time. I’ll just heat them up in a Degree oven for 35 minutes then take them out.
- Oh, how good do these look and serve it with the quick slot on the side. Here’s a peek at my plate. Well, dinner for tomorrow night is all taken care of.
Read also: How to Meal Plan for the Week
I’d say I’m off to a good start next freezer Tex-Mex meatballs with so many ways to serve them barbecued chicken.
That’s Divine over baked potatoes with sixes and a Cheesy rigatoni pepper make for tonight all easy to make and easy on the purse strings.
I have a big old family pack of ground beef and I am getting ready to turn it into Tex-Mex meatballs. They are incredibly flavorful.
Absolutely versatile. I love making them whenever I have a bunch of ground beef to use I’m seasoning with salt and pepper.
Method of Preparation
- Using ground beef five pounds to be exact now a little bit of a Frugal tip I’ve got some bread. I crumbled it up into tiny bits and some whole milk.
- This is such a scrumptious meat mixture. I love it to help it all come together. I’m going to add 4 eggs, Now I’m going to season this up with two tablespoons of chili powder since their Tex-Mex meatballs and a tablespoon of ground cumin love that for Tex-Mex.
- Then a teaspoon each of onion powder, and garlic powder.
- These meatballs are great because I’m going to make a big batch and cook them and then they’ll be in the freezer for whenever I need them.
- You can use these for the most amazing dinners. You will not believe what these will turn into now for some herbs. I’m going to chop up some parsley and cilantro.
- This looks great. I’ll mince up so it goes in this is a big bowl. It’s a lot of ground beef now. I’m just going to use my hands to mix all this together.
- It’s the best way to do it. You can use a spoon if you don’t like to get in there and get messy, but it’ll take you a lot longer you can do so many things with big old packs of ground beef everything from big batches of lasagna spaghetti sauce.
- Chili, really anything goes when it comes to ground beef. There is a reason it’s the most popular beef out there.
- Matt is all mixed together. Now. I’m going to make meatballs which are really fun. I’m using a kitchen scoop and I’ll get it in my hand.
- Now. I also bought a family pack of pepper jack cheese and I’ll stick the key right in the center of the meatball and then just form the meatball all around it.
- Yes. These are cheese-filled Tex-Mex meatballs. That’s part of why they are so delicious. And so Popular in the Drummond house cheese is the universal language for sure.
- Now, that’s one of about a hundred and twenty-five meatballs. Now, I’m going to pop these into the freezer just for a bit.
- So they’re nice and firm when I took them to see you back here in 15 minutes.
- Freezing the meatballs for just a little bit before you cook them just helps us stay together after you mix together that meat mixture.
- It’s a little bit soft. So this sort of gives you a little bit of a head start.
- I’m going to get quite a few meatballs in this very big Skillet when I have a hundred and twenty-five meatballs to fry.
- I need to have a big pan. I’m not going to cook them all at once. It’s probably going to take me three or four batches. I’ll just babysitter and rolling around until they’re totally cooked through.
- These are such delightful little things to have in the freezer when you need to warm them up and serve them.
- You just cut them in a 350-degree oven for about 15 minutes and I’ll be just right I’m turning them over so they get evenly browned now.
Ways to Use Meatballs
I told you I was going to share ways to use these meatballs. Here are three of my favorite dishes. I’ve got three great suggestions.
- First over rice. This is easy, It’s rice meatballs some salsa some sour cream chopped cilantro a wedge of lime, and dinner is served in no time.
- Then in tacos for this, you put shredded lettuce on a soft warm tortilla and top it with meatballs grated cheddar, and some pico de gallo.
- Then fold it and it’s easy as that then for a final idea of meatball appetizers. A pile of myself platter adds a bowl of guacamole some toothpicks a bunch of cilantro for garnish and they’re all ready for the party.
Now, that would be an accomplishment. I’m going to let these cool and then I’ll flash freezer them until they’re really hard and then I’ll put them in bags and put them in the freezer for the Long Haul.
Read also: Top Chef Meals You Should Try
3. Cheesy Rigatoni Pepper Bait
It’s cheesy rigatoni pepper bait and one of the stars of the show is rigatoni pasta. I bought an enormous bag of dry rigatoni and I just cooked up a little bit of it. And this is going to feature very prominently in a delicious make-ahead casserole.
Method of Preparation
- On the sauce. I’ve been sautéing some onions and garlic in a little butter and olive oil. It is beautiful and very fragrant.
- So I’m going to add two big old cans of diced tomatoes with their juice and then just a little can of tomato paste to make it nice and Rich.
- I love dry pasta my pantry at any given time has about seven or eight shapes of dry pasta. And I love the standard shaped like 10 a and rigatoni of course spaghetti Linguini because you can find them in these super huge bags.
- You know the little specialty plates of pasta not so much. So it’s always nice to pick one of the standard shapes when you’re trying to make a cheap and easy meal.
- Then that’s stirred together. So I’ll add some salt. and pepper simple. Give it a quick stir. Now. I’m going to let this cook it needs to simmer for 10 minutes.
- I’ve been working on some mini peppers. I bought one of those big bags that you can find in the produce section and I cut them in half and I’m just removing the seeds and membranes. I’ve just about got them all cleaned out.
- These are so great. Now if you can find a family pack of bell peppers, that’s fine, too. These mini peppers are so nice and sweet.
- I like them because they’re small so you can kind of decide where you want to put them their little bit. Your to control then bell peppers, which you have to chop up.
- Now. This is a meatless casserole which isn’t necessarily common in the Drummond family, but I like to throw them in every now.
- Then if you wanted to add meat you can just do ground beef in the sauce or some kind of Italian sausage would be delicious.
- Okay, that’s it for the peppers. So I’ll check on the sauce that has been simmering away and it looks great.
- So now it’s time to assemble the pasta bake first. With a little sauce half the pasta mozzarella parmesan half the peppers and repeat more sauce rigatoni mozzarella parmesan.
- The remaining peppers are the last of the sauce and another good coating of Parmesan yum, yum. How well does this look?
- Now I just need to cover it up and then I’ll pop it in the fridge and all I have to do for dinner tonight. Just throw it in the oven.
- I’ll cook it at 350 degrees for 35 minutes take it out to sit for 10 minutes, then it’ll be all ready to serve a delicious generous Spoonful sympathy salad with red onions pepper Cheney and tomatoes and that is awesome.
- Some dinner Into the fridge it goes This is going to be so good. This is one occasion when dinnertime can’t come soon enough.
4. Barbecue Chicken with Baked Potatoes
I’m just coming to the end of my cheap and easy cooking marathon and all I’ve got left is this family pack of boneless skinless chicken thighs I’m going to make a multi-pot recipe for barbecue chicken.
Then I’m going to freeze the chicken and serve it over baked potatoes. using a multi-pot is so much easier than firing up the grill for the barbecue.
Method of Preparation
- Again, I’m going to add a whole bunch of Just yellow onion and some minced garlic. And then for the barbecue part.
- I’m going to add about 3/4 of a bottle of barbecue sauce. Any kind is fine. Whatever you’ve got in your pantry and then fourth a cup of honey.
- I am loving my multicooker these days. It really is a revelation. I cannot believe how quickly it Cooks things like this table.
- A spoon of vinegar and then I’m not content with anything that doesn’t have a little spice. So I’m going to add about three chipotle peppers packed in Adobo Sauce.
- The thing about Chipotle is there Smoky and spicy so you get the flavor as well as heat with a little bit of salt that barbecue sauce is plenty salty and then just a little bit of water about a quarter cup.
- I don’t need to stir it too much. I just want to make sure everything is nestled down in there.
- So it’ll cook really evenly now the lid goes on. I’ll seal the vent and I’m going to pressure cook this for 12 minutes.
- I always love opening the multicooker and seeing the magic inside. Oh, it looks so good barbecue chicken and minutes.
- How do you like that? It’s just amazing and it is so tender. It’s just about to fall apart. I love the color that happens in a pressure cooker. It just gets dark and Rich. You usually have to cook something for a couple of hours to get it like that.
- Now, I’ll just use two forks to shred up the chicken. You can totally shred it to Smithereens, but I like to kind of keep bigger chunks here and there then you get nice chunks that have a lot of flavor to them.
- I’ll grab some sauce out of the cooker And ladle it in I don’t wind up using all the sauce but I like to get at least half of it back in with the chicken.
- The sauce is going to make sure the chicken stays marvelously flavorful. Okay. I’m going to keep shredding away.
- And then I’m going to let it cool. So while it does let me tell you how the baked potatoes are going to pan out. I get a bag of the thawed barbecue chicken into a skillet to heat it up. It just takes about five minutes.
- Then I take a potato that I rubbed with oil and bake for an hour slice it opens piled and barbecue chicken on top then some sour cream grated cheddar cheese sliced green onions, and that’s a perfect dinner for one or two or three or eight who’s gonna say no to that.
- I’m just backing up the chicken and then I’m going to get it into the freezer and then when the ribs are finished cooking.
- I’ll let them cool and put them in the fridge, it feels so good to have all this food ready cheaply and easy cooking. That is time. Well spent.
The pioneer woman freezer meals taste delicious packed with proteins. They are very easy to make, serves time and money. These meals are alife server, you can get hold of it anytime. There are also very economical.