Red potatoes salad is a dish that is simple to make, packed with lots of flavors incorporated into the dish. It can be served as a picnic side dish or even for family potlucks.
This creamy red potatoes salad is packed with bits of crispy bacon, some fresh dill, and crunchy celery which makes it taste so great.
The best part of this meal is that you can make it ahead of time then store it in the fridge. It is very simple to make as I said before, with a few tricks you will make it like a pro. Read ahead to know this trick to use.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 25minutes
Servings: 5 servings
Read Also: Grape Salad Recipe
Ingredients For Red Potatoes Salad
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 3ib. small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Method of preparation Of Red Potatoes Salad
Step 1: In a large pot, place your potatoes inside the pot and cover with water, then season your potatoes with salt and bring the water to a boil. Cook your potatoes until the potatoes are fork-tender, for about 20 minutes.
Step 2: Drain your potatoes away from the water, then allow it cool, then cut in half, or quarters depending on the size of your potatoes.
Step 3: Whisk your mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard salt, pepper, and sour cream to incorporate well in a large bowl.
Step 4: Finally, add your celery, cooled potatoes, and dill to a bowl, add your dressing alongside then stir well to incorporate.
Step 5: Finally, for serving top your meal with crispy bacon and serve.
Benefits Of Eating Potatoes Salad
After you have known the recipes for making a delicious potatoes salad. Potatoes salad can benefit humans in various ways. Below are some health benefits of eating potatoes salad.
- Potatoes salads are packed with carbohydrates which is a great source of energy.
- Do you know that potatoes salad is rich in potassium, which helps your body decrease blood pressure?
- Potatoes salads are packed with fiber, the fiber in potatoes helps to lower cholesterol in the blood, thereby decreasing the risk of heart disease.
- This delicious salad is loaded with vitamins such as vitamin B, and vitamin C. Vitamin C works as an antioxidant to help prevent damage caused by smoke, pollution, and the sun. Vitamin C improves the overall skin texture.
- Do you know that medium potatoes contain around 164 calories and 30% of your daily B6 intake?
- Potatoes salad is packed with phosphorous, magnesium, zinc, and calcium which can help your body to build and maintain bone structure and strength.
- Potatoes salad is packed with folate which plays a very important role in DNA synthesis and repair. It prevents many types of cancer cells from forming.
- The fiber in this delicious salad also helps to prevent constipation and promote regularity for a healthy digestive tract.
- Potatoes also contain choline, zinc, and niacin. Different varieties of potatoes contain slightly different nutrients.
- The vitamins, fiber, and minerals content of these potatoes are mostly in the skin, so it is best to eat potatoes with the skin on them.
- Be careful not to overcook the potatoes, test several pieces with your fork.
Read also: Fried Cabbage: Easy And Delicious
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Potatoes Salad Meant To Be Hot or Cold While Serving?
Potatoes salad is well enjoyed when cold cause it gives this creamy, wonderful taste compared to when hot. But some potatoes salads like German potato salad are often served warm.
Is It Important To Wash The Potato Before Boiling It For Potato Salad?
Yes, it is important to wash the potatoes very well before putting them to a boil.
What Can Be Served With Potatoes Salad?
Potatoes salad can be served with burgers, ribs, and hot grilled meats, hot dogs, chicken strips, and beanie weenies Or it can as well be served alone.
What Are The Best Potatoes To Be Used In This Recipe
I will say using small, thin-skinned tomatoes is best for this recipe, they are quick-cooking and they won’t need to be chopped after or before cooking.
Can You Cut Your Potatoes Before Putting Them To a Boil For This Recipe?
Yes, you can cut your potatoes into halve or quarter depending on the size of potatoes you are using for your potatoes salad, cut about the same size so they cook evenly. But if they are small in size you don’t need to cut them.
Can White Potatoes Be Used Instead Of Red Potatoes In This Recipe?
Red potatoes are the best you can use for this recipe, it gives this vibrant and bright look. Red potatoes won’t get too mushy when cooked plus the colorful skins don’t need to be peeled. But if you can’t find red potatoes you can use white potatoes for this recipe.
How Long Can A Potatoes Salad Be Served In a Fridge?
Potatoes salad can be stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for about 5 days. Don’t allow it to sit out for more than 2 hours.
Few Essential Tricks For Making a Very Delicious Potatoes Salad
- Make a nice dressing with lots of flavors.
- Season the boiling potatoes with salt so that salt can penetrate the potatoes.
- Add veggies and fresh herbs to add a crunchy texture.
Potatoes salad is a dish that is incorporated with lots of flavors and it tastes very delicious and crunchy. It is very simple to make and with few ingredients. They can be served as side dishes or even eaten on their own. This delicious dish is packed with lots of health benefits which you shouldn’t miss.
These delicious red potatoes salad are loaded with vitamin C, Vitamin B, potassium, folate, a good source of carbohydrates, fiber, and many other essential nutrients needed for a healthy body. This meal is just superb for you and you should try making this at home.