A fudge recipe is a simple recipe that can be made with just three ingredients. Fudge recipe is super easy and takes just a few minutes to make.
When I say this recipe is easy to make, I really mean it. You don’t need a thermometer in this recipe, just throw together your ingredients, and that’s it.
I really love to make this recipe with semi-sweet chocolate chips, but white chocolate chips work perfectly fine for this recipe, trust me.
But when it comes to fudge, most people tend to think of it only around Christmas time, but this recipe is still perfect for summer because baking isn’t involved.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours 15minutes
Ingredients For Fudge Recipe
- 14ounce can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of butter
Read Also: Red Potatoes Salad: Best Way To Prepare
Ingredients Needed For Fudge Recipe
This recipe only needs three ingredients as I said earlier which are: sweetened condensed milk, butter, and chocolate chips.
Want To Break Down This Ingredients For Fudge Recipe List For You
- Sweetened condensed milk: You will need about 14 ounces-15 ounces of canned sweetened condensed milk.
- Butter: Adding a couple of teaspoons of butter helps create a smooth consistency in this fudge recipe.
- Chocolate chips: You will need three cups of chocolate chips for this fudge recipe. You can use white chocolate chips or even dark chocolate but I prefer to use semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe.
Chopped walnuts: If you don’t love nuts just leave them out, you can even swap the chopped walnuts with chopped pecans too. But chopped walnuts are optional in this recipe
Method of Preparation
Step 1: Firstly, line an 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, or parchment paper leaving some overhang for easy removal then set aside.
Step 2: Add your chocolate chips, butter, and sweetened condensed milk to a large saucepan and place over medium heat. Give it a stir until the chocolate chips are fully melted and the mixture smooth.
Step 3: Remove your fudge from the heat then scoop the mixture into the prepared baking dish then spread it around into a layer.
Step 4: Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until fully chilled and the fudge gets firm. Remove your fudge from the pan using an overhang from the parchment paper or foil.
Step 5: To serve, slice the fudge into pieces and enjoy your sweet fudge.
They are several different ways that you can make your fudge, here are a few of the variations of the fudge recipes.
- Cranberry pistachio: You can use white chocolate chips or either semi-sweet and add 1/2 cup of sweetened dried cranberries and 1/2 cup of chopped pistachios.
- Mint chocolate: You can use either white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chips and then add 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract. Taste and add more extract if needed.
- Cookie and cream: You can swap the semi-sweet chocolate chips for white chocolate chips and add a cup of chopped Oreos.
Secrets To Making A Successful Fudge
- Do not stir during cooking. During cooking, sugar crystals can stick to the sides of the pan, and if you stir the mixture while cooking these crystals could fall in and crystallize a part of the sugar again. To work around this issue and dissolve all crystal traces, brush the sides of the pan with a brush dipped in water at the beginning of the cooking process.
- Allow the fudge to cool for 15 minutes before beating. It will get thicker as it cools so when you beat the mixture, sugar molecules will have a tough time clinging to one another.
- After letting the fudge cool, beat the mixture. It is important to stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts to thicken and its surface starts looking dull. It is time to stop beating and pour the fudge into a mold.
- Do not scrape the sides of the pan or the spoon used for stirring, they are often covered with a grainier layer of fudge
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Freeze Your Fudge?
Fudge can freeze well for up to 3 months, thaw overnight in the freezer.
How Can I Store My Leftover Fudge?
You can store your leftover fudge in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to a week.
Making fudge is easy to make with just a few ingredients and with just three ingredients your fudge is ready. This ultimate creamy fudge recipe tastes so delicious and fantastic. Following this recipe will put you on track on how to make a great recipe without mistakes.