In today’s article, we will be looking at how to make a delicious keto alfredo sauce that is very creamy, rich, cheesy, and tastes great. Keto alfredo sauce is very simple to make, comes together in just 10 minutes.
What Makes Keto Alfredo Sauce So Good
- Keto alfredo sauce is kids friendly even as it is a keto meal, kids love it as well.
- It is very easy and simple to prepare, just in 10 minutes, your sauce is ready.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or so with a glass jar and lid to store this sauce.
How To Make Alfredo Sauce With Heavy Cream
To make alfredo sauce with heavy cream is simple and easy, just with a few ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. Nutmeg is optional in these recipes.
Firstly, sautee your minced garlic in some butter. Add in your heavy cream and simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes until it gets thicker. For the fastest result Use a larger saucepan because the more surface area you have, the less time it will take.
Before adding in your parmesan cheese, reduce heat to low and add the cheese, whisking constantly until it gets smooth. Then add in your salt, pepper, and nutmeg if using. And your yummy sauce is ready for use.
Read also: Pickling Spice Recipe
- Cream cheese: This recipe includes cream cheese which is low carb, low protein, and high fat. The cream cheese gives this recipe a unique creamy texture.
- Parmesan: Parmesan is added to this recipe, which makes it taste very delicious. Parmesan makes this recipe taste salty, buttery and helps thicken the sauce. A fresh Parmigiano Reggiano can go in for this recipe.
- Heavy cream: This recipe calls for heavy cream which gives it a velvety smooth texture.
How To Make Keto Alfredo As A Pro
- Don’t allow the cream cheese to clump by bringing the cream cheese to room temperature before using it to make your sauce. When cream cheese is too cold and the mixture is too hot, it tends to clump.
- Heating on high heat can make the parmesan stringy instead of smooth, so before you stir in your cheese take the pan off the heat.
- Garlic burns easily, so when adding it be careful so it doesn’t get burnt. Add in your heavy cream as soon as the garlic is fragrant.
Seasoning For Easy Alfredo Sauce
The traditional version of alfredo sauce contains nutmeg in it, but to me, it’s an optional ingredient. You can choose to add more flavors at the end of your recipe by adding in more salt and pepper to taste.
How To Store Alfredo Sauce In The Fridge
Alfredo sauce can be stored in the fridge for about a week in an airtight container. When ready to use reheat on the stove even microwaving works fine but use low to medium power to avoid separation. Alfredo sauce tends to thicken as it sits like any other parmesan cream cheese.
Read also: Caldo De Pollo Recipe
Can Alfredo Sauce Be Frozen?
Yes, of course, you can freeze your alfredo sauce if you want to keep it longer. Store in an airtight container before freezing or use plastic freezer bags make sure no air is remaining in the bag, you can as well label them to know how old they are. For a tasty taste, I recommend using them within a month of freezing that you can still eat it after a month.
How To Serve Your Alfredo Sauce
Once your alfredo sauce is ready, serve immediately. It can go well with
- Spaghetti squash alfredo: Alfredo sauce goes well with spaghetti squash. It is just alfredo pasta, without the carbs.
- Even in a casserole: You can swap the sauce with this low-carb alfredo recipe.
- Cajun salmon alfredo: Fish is also amazing in alfredo sauce. It gives this unique taste when using this sauce on salmon.
- Juicy baked chicken: This sauce also goes well on baked chicken, and it is a low-carb sauce. Just a drizzled on top of the chicken makes every bite yummy.
- Chicken crust pizza: This pizza is super low in carbs, it still goes well with alfredo sauce.
- Zucchini noodles: These noodles make alfredo sauce so delicious and yummy.
More Keto Recipe To Try
- Keto Ramen
- 2o delicious keto breakfast recipes
- Keto white chicken chili
- Keto broccoli salad
- Keto egg salad
Read also: Taco Dip Recipe: Simple and Easy
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup butter
- Ground pepper to taste
- 11/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Method Of Preparation
Step 1: In a medium saucepan melt in your butter, cook your garlic until fragrant then allow for 2 minutes.
Step 2: Add in your heavy cream and cream cheese, reduce your heat to low, slowly add parmesan cheese stirring it constantly until well incorporated and sauce thickens for about 7 minutes, add in your salt and pepper.
- For lower-carb cream cheese, I recommend the Philadelphia brand. Philadelphia cream cheese will contain 4grams of carbs while the same amount of Kroger brand cream cheese will contain 8grams.
Nutritional Estimate Per 1 Serving
Fat: 40g / Saturated Fat: 25g / Calcium: 242mg
Iron: 1mg / Vitamin C: 1mg / Vitamin A: 1255IU
Potassium: 74mg / Cholesterol: 137mg / Fiber: 1g
Sodium: 612mg / Calories: 414Kcal / Carbohydrates: 4g
Protein: 9g / Poly saturated Fat: 1g / Monounsaturated Fat: 10g
Trans Fat: 1g / Sugar: 1g
Keto alfredo sauce is an easy cheesy sauce for your favorite seafood, chicken, or pasta. It’s a low-carb version which makes it interesting. It is simple and easy to make, just with a few ingredients and 10 minutes of your time, your yummy sauce is ready. This easy keto alfredo sauce can be stored in the fridge with an airtight container for about a week and can even freeze for about a month or even more.