Grape salad recipe is a recipe that tastes superb and everyone loves it. Grape salad recipe is an old-time recipe and has been around for decades because it’s too delicious. I love this salad because of its sweet, crunchy, flavors, with smooth texture in every bite.
It is made with cream cheese, sour cream, walnuts or pecans, brown sugar, and red and green grapes. The dressing in this recipe sound wired, but this really works magic in this recipe. You can substituent pecans with walnuts.
If for any reason you haven’t tasted this wonderful grape salad before what are you waiting for? Get the ingredients for this recipe and get started. This salad is perfect because it is quick and easy to make. It can be ready within a few minutes and is the perfect amount of sweetness.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
What Is a Grape Salad Recipe Made Of?
Grape salad is a very delicious, creamy, and tasty salad that is made up of red and green grapes, brown sugar, cream cheese, sour cream, and walnuts or pecans
Benefits Of Eating Grapes Salad
- Grape is packed with high antioxidant content which may prevent chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Grapes contain many beneficial plant compounds such as resveratrol, that may protect against various types of cancer.
- They also contain many important vitamins and minerals.
- Compounds in grapes and red wine may protect against heart disease, they may help lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Grapes contain compounds that may help protect against high blood sugar.
- Grapes contain several compounds which may help protect against common eye diseases including cataracts, glaucoma, and age-related macular degeneration.
- Grape contains compounds that may improve memory, attention, and mood and may protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- They may protect against certain bacteria, yeast infections, and viruses.
- Resveratrol in grapes has been shown to activate genes associated with slower aging and a longer lifespan.
Ingredients Needed For Grape Salad Recipe
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 lbs of green seedless grapes
- 8 ounces of package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 lbs of red seedless grapes
Method of preparation Of Grape Salad
Step 1: Firstly, rinse your grapes and pat them to dry. Then in a large bowl, mix softened cream sour cream, cream cheese, vanilla, and white sugar. You can make use of your mixer or mix by hand with a spatula.
Step 2: Then add the grapes to the cream cheese mixture and stir thoroughly to coat, and transfer this to a serving bowl.
Step 3: Sprinkle brown sugar over the grape mixture. Cover and fridge until you are ready to serve.
Step 4: When you are ready to serve sprinkle nuts on top then enjoy your delicious salad
To make a healthier salad you can substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Grape Salad Last in The Fridge?
Grape salad tastes better when it is chilled, it is best in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Can I Freeze This Grape Salad?
No, freezing this salad won’t thaw well after freezing
Can I Cut Grapes In Half?
Yes, of course, that is a great thing to do. It will make it easier to bite for everyone and will prevent a choking hazard.
Read also: Fried Cabbage: Easy And Delicious
What Can I Substitute Sour Cream or Cream Cheese with?
- When making your cream cheese, make sure that it is softened, room temperature is best or your mixture will get lumpy.
- You can make your recipe lighter by using Greek yogurt or light cream cheese in place of the sour cream and cream cheese.
- If you want to make a lighter texture whip together cream cheese and cool whip and it will get lighter.
More Side Salads Ideas
- Classic potato salad recipe
- Best ever ambrosia salad
- Bacon ranch potato salad
- Hawaiian macaroni salad
- Best ever creamy pea salad with bacon
Grape salad is an old-time recipe but still tastes excellent and outstanding among all salads. Grape salad tastes so great and everyone tends to love it. It has this sweet, crunchy, and smooth texture in every bite. Grape salad is made with cheese cream, sour cream, brown sugar, red and green grapes. Creamy grape salad is super easy and simple to prepare.