Have you ever tasted a delicious fried cabbage before? Trust me it is a perfect meal that will fit your meal plan any time any day. This tender, favorable, and delicious cabbage meal is just what I call 2 minutes meal cause it is too fast and easy to make by just throwing your cabbage and other ingredients inside your pan.
Fried cabbage is too simple to prepare, it is just an easy throw-together recipe that can get you covered anytime you might need a fast meal to prepare. It is a low-carb meal and keto dish. This recipe is not expensive to make, not time-consuming, and also tastes spicy.
Just with your cabbage, onions, and bacon your tender fried cabbage is ready to be served. This recipe goes pretty well with pork roast, pork chops, grilled chicken, and also corned beef.
I know that not everyone loves cabbage, give this fried cabbage a try and you will start enjoying it so much. You will love it right from stir-frying, that flavor from it is wow like seriously
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Serving: 3 servings
Ingredients For Fried Cabbage
- A large head of green or red cabbage, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 slices of bacon, chopped
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoky paprika or cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon of ale cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Smoked sausage instead of bacon
Method Of Preparation Of Fried Cabbage
Step 1: Firstly, cook your bacon in a non-stick pan over medium heat until crisp, then remove the bacon and place it on a plate with a slotted spoon. Do not discard the bacon grease and drippings cause it adds flavors to the fried cabbage.
Step 2: Add your onion and cook until translucent in the same pan used to cook bacon. Add your garlic and cook until fragrant after 30 minutes.
Step 3: When your onions are translucent, add your cabbage, salt, garlic powder, bouillon, cracked black pepper, onions powder, paprika, and salt together then stir to mix up well.
Step 4: Allow your cabbage to come to steam for about 6minutes or until your cabbage is tender.
Step 5: Finally, add your bacon back into your pan and mix everything together then serve warm.
- Don’t overcook your cabbage or else the texture of your cabbage will become very soft and mushy and it is going to be weird.
- You can replace bacon with sausage in this recipe.
Why You Should Eat Fried Cabbage
Fried cabbage is loaded with superb nutritional benefits that you shouldn’t avoid eating. I know not everyone loves cabbage but as much as it is packed with nutrients, you should try eating it. Here are some benefits of eating fried cabbage.
- One interesting fact about eating fried cabbage is that it contains powerful antioxidants which have an anti-inflammatory effect and that’s wonderful.
- Do you know that fried cabbage is packed with vitamin C which has many functions in your body such as absorbing non-heme-iron (type of iron found in plants) apart from that it works to protect your body from free radicals and many more functions?
- Eating fried cabbage may help keep your heart healthy. It contains powerful pigments called anthocyanins which help reduce the risk of heart disease. This is such a wonderful veggie to eat.
- It is also rich in fiber which helps improve digestion by keeping the digestive system healthy. Fiber provides fuel for friendly bacteria and helps in the regular movement of the bowels. This got you covered if you are having problems with indigestion.
- It is also rich in potassium which helps keep blood pressure within a healthy range and helps lower high blood pressure levels. Potassium is an important mineral and electrolyte that your body needs to function well.
- Do you know that cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin K and vitamin K is important for blood clotting? Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin that has many important roles in the body apart from being wonderful for blood clothing.
Vitamin K: 185IU / Calories: 160kcal Carbohydrates: 11g / Saturated fat: 3g Iron: 0.6mg / Vitamin A: 175IU Potassium: 266mg / Fiber:3g Sugar: 7g / Sodium: 203mg Cholesterol: 18mg / Saturated Fat: 3g Fat: 11g / Calcium: 48mg
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can Be Served With Fried Cabbage
Fried cabbage can be served alone or served with pork roast, pork chops, grilled chicken, corn beef, mushroom cream sauce, or a buttery cauliflower mash.
Can Leftovers Be Stored?
Yes, fried cabbage leftover can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 2 days.
Can Bacon Be Omitted By Vegetarians?
Yes, you can omit bacon in this recipe but make sure you use up to 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
Fried cabbage is one easy, simple, and fastest recipe you should try. I know some people see cabbage as one weird vegetable they don’t like but come to think of it, cabbage is packed with superb health benefits you shouldn’t miss out on.
Eating this crispy cabbage will make it more fun, its flavors are mind-blowing, and it tastes great too cause of the added ingredients. Having known of its health benefits why not try this fantastic recipe just at the comfort of your home with just a simple and a few ingredients you are good to go. Make this spicy fried cabbage one of your side dishes and thank me later cause I know you will love it.