Hi, welcome to Allspicyrecipes. In this article, we are making a very creamy, juicy, and fruity blueberry smoothie. Blueberry smoothie is very fast and simple to prepare with just less than 6 minutes your creamy blueberries smoothie is ready for consumption.
Blueberry smoothie is made with just four ingredients which are frozen blueberries, banana, milk, and orange. For this recipe I love to use frozen blueberries and not fresh blueberries, frozen blueberries blend into a creamier smoothie, and they taste great. They are the best when it comes to blueberry smoothies.
This creamy blueberry is just perfect for a snack or can be used for breakfast as well. It can be made ahead of time, freeze, and serve later when desired which makes it a perfect recipe. It is packed with nutrition and looks so attractive.
Preparation time: 6 minutes
Total time: 6 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Ingredients For Blueberry Smoothie
- Half of a medium orange peeled then quartered
- 1 1/2 cup of blueberries, preferably frozen
- 1 cup of milk, non-dairy or dairy
- 1 medium size of ripe banana, it can be frozen banana slices
- 1 teaspoon of flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, cashew butter, or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
Equipment/Tools Needed For Blueberry Smoothie
- Stainless steel straws: Your recipe will not be complete without a stainless steel straw. This straw makes it more interesting and more refreshing.
- Blender: A blender is needed for this recipe for blending all your fruits.
Method Of Preparation
Step 1: Firstly, in your blender add your blueberries, orange, banana, and 1 cup of milk. You can as well add your optional ingredients into the blender.
Step 2: Turn your blender on and blend until it gets creamy and very smooth.
If your smoothie is too thick you can add more milk to it.
Nutritional Estimates Per Servings
Cholesterol: 0mg / Carbohydrate: 32.9g
Dietary fiber: 5.0g / Sodium: 33.9mg
Calories: 155 / Saturated fat: 0.2g
Total fat: 2.2g / Protein: 4.3g
Total sugar: 19.9g
Healthy Benefits Of Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberry smoothie is incredibly healthy and packed with lots of nutrition, apart from being creamy, colorful, and sweet. Below are some health benefits of blueberry smoothies.
- Blueberry smoothies are a good source of antioxidants, they have the highest antioxidant capacity of all the popular veggies and fruits.
- A blueberry smoothie can reduce DNA damage, which is a leading driver of cancer and also aging.
- This creamy smoothie is low in calories but very high in nutrients.
- It can also protect cholesterol in your body from damage.
- They are packed with anthocyanins which helps reduce the risk of a heart attack.
- It may also help to lower blood pressure
- The antioxidants in blueberry smoothies seem to help your brain by aiding brain function and delaying mental decline.
- They are packed with anti-adhesives and help prevent bacteria from binding to the wall of your bladder, which may help prevent urinary tract infections.
- Study shows that blueberry smoothie may aid muscle recovery after exercise.
- They may also have anti-diabetes effects, improving insulin sensitivity and lowering blood sugar levels.
Why You Should Start Your Day With a Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberry smoothie isn’t bad to start your day with, blended food is easier for your body to digest which allows your body to release energy more quickly after consumption. Apart from that, vegetables and fruits are packed with vital nutrients necessary for your body.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Do You Freeze Your Blueberries For Smoothies?
To freeze your blueberries for the smoothie, rinse and chop fresh fruits into small pieces. Pat them dry then arrange, in a layer, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Then slide the prepared baking sheet into the freezer and freeze until hard(about 3 hours). The same method goes for your bananas in this recipe.
2. Can I Use Fresh Blueberries Instead Of Frozen For This Recipe?
Yes, you can use fresh blueberries instead of frozen blueberries and it will still work perfectly. Fresh berries will just make the smoothie thickens as it sits a bit more than usual since they naturally have pectin. Pectin is a thickener and freezing the berries can reduce the natural jelling effect. This is why I love using frozen blueberries cause it doesn’t happen as often when it is frozen.
3. How Do I Serve My Blueberries Smoothie?
Serve your blueberry smoothie in a blueberry smoothie bowl by adding a few cubes of ice and additional frozen blueberries to make it thick. Pour into a bowl and add your favorite toppings such as banana slices, blueberries, or granola will make a nice topping.
4. How Can I Store My Blueberry Smoothie?
You can store your blueberry smoothie in a fridge, well covered and it can last up to a day. You can as well freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Blueberry smoothie is very delicious, healthy, and nutritious to start your day with. They taste so creamy, chill, and very juicy. They are very easy and fast to make. In just 6 minutes your yummy blueberry smoothie is ready for consumption. Taking it as breakfast is easier for your body to digest which allows your body to release energy very fast after consumption.
The most wonderful thing about this recipe is that with only four ingredients, your blender, and bowl you are good to go. I prefer using frozen blueberries for this recipe but you can still use fresh blueberries which will still work out fine but will make it thicker when it sits a bit more.
The blueberry smoothie can be stored in the fridge and even frozen and it can last up to 3 months when frozen. You can make a wonderful, and creamy blueberry smoothie by following this recipe step by step, it is very simple to follow.