In this recipe, we are making bacon gravy recipe today. Bacon gravy recipe is a very simple milk gravy recipe, very easy to make and topped on everything like biscuits even waffles and it makes everything taste so perfect. Bacon gravy can be brown or even white depending on how you want it.
Bacon gravy recipe is made with simple ingredients that are very cheap and easy to find such as, milk, bacon, and flour. The milk in the gravy gives it a creamy base while your bacon pieces, some salt, pepper, bacon drippings give makes this recipe so yummy and packed with wonderful flavors.
The flour helps as a thickening agent for this recipe. Making your bacon gravy at home is super perfect cause you can substituent your own favorite seasonings to make it spicier to your taste.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Serving: 4 servings
Ingredients Needed For Bacon Gravy
This is a breakdown of the ingredients in this recipe
- Milk: Using whole milk in this recipe gives this gravy a very rich flavor because of the high-fat content in it. If you like you can add a splash of heavy whipping cream to it.
- Bacon: In this recipe, any bacon used will be perfect whether peppered, maple, or plain bacon. Get at least 2 tablespoons of bacon for this recipe.
- Flour: Flour is used for this recipe as a thickening agent. It helps thicken this gravy.
Storing This Recipe
Bacon gravy is stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 4 days. Just give it a shake and reheat when ready to serve.
Is Bacon a grease?
Bacon is a slice of fatty meat from the pork belly and if cooked slowly, a lot of fat will come out and become liquid.
Healthy Benefits Of Bacon Gravy
- Bacon gravy is packed with carbohydrates which is from the corn starch and flour used for thickeners.
- They are packed with protein which helps
- They are also a good source of vitamins such as potassium, Vitamin A, sodium, and other essential nutrients.
What Can Bacon Gravy Be Served With?
- Fluffy homemade waffles
- Mashed potatoes
- Corn casserole
- Buttermilk biscuits
Read Also: Pickling Spice Recipe
Ingredients For Bacon Gravy
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- Cooked biscuits for serving
- 8 slices of raw bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of whole milk
Method Of Preparation
Step 1: Add in your bacon to a skillet and allow it to brown over medium heat.
Step 2: Remove your bacon and leave two tablespoons of bacon fat in the skillet then whisk your flour into the bacon fat, allow to cook for a minute.
Step 3: Add in your milk bit by bit making sure you stir well at each addition.
Step 4: Allow it to boil while you reduce your heat and simmer until bubbly and thick.
Step 5: Crumble your bacon and stir into the gravy, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 6: Ready for serving, serve this gravy with your biscuits or anything of your choice and enjoy.
Read Also: Blackened Chicken: Easy And Delicious
Calcium: 141mg / Potassium: 252mg
Calories: 272 / Carbohydrate: 8g
Fiber: 2g / Trans Fat: 2g
Cholesterol: 41mg / Sodium: 345mg
Monounsaturated fat: 8g / Protein: 9g
Fat: 22g / Sugar: 6g
Iron: 1mg / Vitamin A: 214IU
Read also: Vegan Lunch Ideas
- When making your roux, just allow the flour and bacon fat to cook for at least a minute. Then add in your milk gradually and stir till there are no lumps after each addition.
- Stir in your milk gradually and whisk continually to make sure it doesn’t lump.
Bacon gravy is a very simple milk gravy made up of milk, bacon and flour. It is very simple to make and it is topped on any biscuits even wafflers which makes them taste so delicious. Bacon gravy is packed with lots of flavors, and goodies on every bite. It can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Bacon gravy is a very healthy choice packed with carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, sodium, potassium and many other healthy nutrients. They are very easy to make, it is also kid friendly.